Beef rump steak sandwich
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 500g Farm88 Yearling Beef Rump Steak
- 1 large red onion, cut in half and sliced
- 2 table spoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup beetroot relish
- Ciabatta loaf, sliced through the middle and quartered
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices of tasty cheese
- Salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat a barbecue flat-plate or chargrill pan to hot. Brush steaks with 1 tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 – 3 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking. Remove steaks from heat and cover loosely with foil for 5 minutes.
- While steaks are resting decrease heat to medium and cook onion with remaining olive oil on one side of the barbecue flat-plate, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes or until softened and lightly golden. Toast ciabatta on the other side of the barbecue until toasted.
- Trim cooked steaks of any excess fat and slice steaks thinly against the grain.
- Spread relish across bread bases and top with rocket, tomato, cheese, sliced steak, onions and bread tops. Serve with a salad.