Rump steak with coriander sauce and asian slaw
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 700g Farm88 yearling beef rump steaks (fat trimmed)
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves and stems roughly chopped and extra sprigs, to serve
- 2 long green chillies, deseeded, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 400g Asian slaw mix
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Brush steaks with a tablespoon of oil, sprinkle with chilli flakes and season. Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered in foil to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place garlic, coriander leaves and stems, green chillies, mustard and remaining oil into a food processor and process to a smooth sauce. Season to taste.
- Slice steaks and drizzle with some of the coriander dressing. Serve with slaw, rice, remaining dressing and coriander sprigs.
- Sirloin, scotch fillet or flank steak would also be perfect in this recipe.
- Always rest your meat before serving – this will ensure the juices are locked in and the meat is tender.
- Omit chilli from recipe for a child friendly meal.
- Swap rice for potato salad or char-grilled sweet potatoes.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Beef & Lamb (MLA)