Beef Sausage & Capsicum Pasta
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 10 mins
4-6 Tasman BBQ beef sausages, squeezed out of their skins into rough pieces
400g wholemeal pasta
3 tbsp olive oil
½ onion, thinly sliced
2 capsicum, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
300g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 cup torn rocket, plus extra to serve
½ cup basil leaves, plus extra to serve
30g finely grated parmesan
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of well salted boiling water until al dente (7-8 minutes, or according to packet instructions), drain and return to pan with 2 tbsp of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add sausage and brown well (2-3 minutes), then transfer to a plate. Add onion, capsicum and garlic to pan, saute until tender (4-5 minutes), then add tomatoes, season to taste and cook until beginning to soften (1-2 minutes). Return sausage to pan, cook for another minute to cook through, then add vinegar.
- Add to pasta along with rocket, basil and parmesan, toss to combine and serve dolloped with ricotta, scattered with extra rocket and basil.
- For a richer sauce, swap the fresh cherry tomatoes for canned cherry tomatoes.
- Choose a pasta such as shells or penne to help hold the chunky sauce.