Simple juicy roasted chicken
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 1hr 15 mins
1 whole chicken, giblets removed
salt and black pepper to taste
3 tsp onion powder, or to taste
½ cup butter, divided
1 stalk celery, leaves removed
- Preheat oven to 175°C .
- Rinse chicken with cold water, inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle inside and out with onion powder.
- Place 3 tablespoons butter in the chicken cavity. Arrange/press dollops of the remaining butter on the chicken's exterior.
- Cut the celery into 3 or 4 pieces, and place in the chicken cavity.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutess in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 82°C.
- Remove from heat, and baste with melted butter and juices from the pan.
- Cover with foil (in a tent shape), and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!