Simple pork leg roast
Serves: 5-6 | Preparation Time: 10 mins
- 2kg Pork leg roast (boned & rolled)
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- Handful Fresh thyme & parsley
- Allow your pork roast to sit uncovered over night in the fridge before cooking. (this will allow you to get the best result for crackle)
- Preheat oven to 220oC
- Prepare the baking tray by placing down a sheet of baking paper followed by the onions, herbs and garlic.
- Drizzle over a liberal amount of oil.
- Season with a generous amount of salt ensuring you cover the whole roast.
- Place the pork roast onto the bed of herbs and onions and into the oven for 20 minutes. To start the crackling process.
- Turn the oven down to 170oC and cook until the internal temp reaches 65oC
- Slice and serve with some apple sauce! Enjoy!