Spanish Chicken Casserole
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 30 mins | Cooking Time: 1 hour
1.5g chicken casserole
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large brown onion (200g), chopped finely
4 medium potatoes (800g), quartered
½ cup (80g) roasted pine nuts
½ cup (80g) roasted blanched almonds
3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
1 tin whole peeld tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
½ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
500g baby green beans, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
- Heat oil in large flameproof casserole dish; cook chicken, in batches, over heat until browned.
- Cook onion in same dish, stirring over heat, until soft. Return chicken to dish with potato, nuts, stock, wine, juice, tomatoes,garlic, thyme and half of the parsley; bring to the boil. Cover; cook in oven about 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave beans until tender; drain.
- Serve chicken with beans; sprinkle with remaining parsley. Spice it up by adding sliced chorizo sausage!