Spicy Chicken Quesadillas
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 30 mins | Cooking Time: 35 mins
400g Fresh Chicken Breast Fillets (skin on)
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp coloured pepper mix, coarsely crushed
1 tsp dried chillies, crushed
1 tbsp Golden Grange Olive Oil
420g can of corn kernels, rinsed and drained
2 tomatoes, quartered, seeded and finely chopped
1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
1 tbsp lime juice
8 x 20cm flour tortillas
120g (1 1/2 cups) grated cheddar cheese
Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
Sour cream, to serve
- Combine the sesame seeds, pepper and chilli on a plate. Dip the chicken in the chilli mixture to coat.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken for 6 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside and rest for 10 minutes, then slice the chicken.
- Combine corn, tomato, coriander and lime juice in a bowl.
- Spray one side of half the tortillas with oil. Place oil side down on a clean surface. Top with half the cheddar cheese, the chicken and two-thirds of the corn mixture. Top with remaining cheddar and tortillas. Spray with oil.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 quesadilla and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden. Turn and cook for 2 minutes or until cheddar melts. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges. Top with coriander sprigs. Serve with sour cream and remaining corn mixture.