Spring rolls and sweet chilli dipping sauce
Preparation time: 15mins | Cooking time: 10mins
x1 packet Mai Hong spring rolls (frozen, available in assorted flavours at Tasman Butchers)
1 cup water
1 cup rice vinegar
1 cup sugar
2 tsp fresh ginger root, minced
1 tsp garlic, minced
2 tsp hot chile pepper, minced
2 tsp ketchup
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Oven Baked: Put Spring Rolls on an oven proof tray, heat from frozen for approximately 15 - 20 mins, or until golden brown.
- Deep Fried: Deep fry in hot oil (180°C) until golden brown.
- Pour water and vinegar into a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in sugar, ginger, garlic, chile pepper, and ketchup; simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in cornstarch. Remove saucepan from stove to cool.
- Then transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until needed.