Sticky Chinese bbq lamb chops
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 8 Farm88 lamb forequarter chops, trimmed of excess fat
- ½ cup hoisin sauce + extra for greens
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil + extra for greens
- 2 bunches choy sum, chopped in 8cm lengths
- Steamed brown rice, to serve
- Pat chops dry with paper towel and place on a plate. Mix hoisin, sugar and sesame oil in a bowl with 1 tablespoon warm water until smooth. Brush marinade onto lamb.
- Preheat a chargrill pan over high heat until very hot. Place a piece of baking paper on the grill to prevent sticking and place lamb chops on the baking paper. Cook in batches to prevent overcrowding. Cook lamb for 4-5 minutes each side until marks appear and lamb is cooked to medium. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Wash choy sum and toss in a hot frying pan or wok for 30 seconds or until just wilted. Drizzle with a little sesame oil.
- Serve lamb with choy sum and steamed brown rice.
- You can marinate the lamb overnight if you have time for extra tenderness and flavour