Super simple home-made sausage rolls
Makes approx. 48 small sausage rolls | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins
- 4 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 500g Farm88 premium beef mince
- 500g Tasman sausage mince
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- Sesame seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 220oC.
- Thaw puff pastry. Meanwhile, combine egg and milk in a small jug. In a large bowl, combine sausage mince, beef mince, onion, carrot, garlic, parsley, sauces and half of the egg mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay a sheet of pastry on a flat surface. Cut sheet in half horizontally.
- Spoon the mince mixture down along the long side of the pastry. Brush the opposite edge with egg mixture.
- Roll the pastry to enclose the filling, making sure the seam is facing down. Cut into 6 short pieces. Brush each with leftover egg mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Repeat with the remaining mince mixture, pastry and egg mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Enjoy!