Sweet & sour chicken maryland
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time: 25mins
8x Tasman chicken maryland, skin removed, trimmed
½ tsp freshly grated orange zest
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup water
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp & 1 tsp cider vinegar
½ tsp salt, divided
¼ tsp ground coriander
1 tsp corn flour
¼ cup chopped fresh mint
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium.
- To prepare dipping sauce, combine orange zest, orange juice, water, honey, 1 tbsp vinegar, ¼ tsp salt and coriander in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Whisk corn flour and the remaining 1 tsp vinegar in a small bowl until smooth. Add to the saucepan and return to a boil, whisking until thickened, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in mint.
- Sprinkle chicken Maryland with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken Maryland until crispy on all sides and cooked through.
- Serve the chicken Maryland with the dipping sauce on the side, steamed or boiled rice and slices of fresh pineapple.
- Alternatively, chicken Maryland can be baked in a medium heat oven, on a baking tray and rack.