Swiss mushroom beef burger
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15mins | Cooking Time: 10 mins
500g Tasman beef mince
½ onion, grated
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup dry bread crumbs
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsely
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce
Salt and pepper
4 hamburger buns, split
150g button mushrooms, sliced
4 slices swiss cheese
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Melt butter and add the mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 4 even balls and flatten to about 2 cm thick.
- Reheat the frying pan over high heat. Add the patties and cook for 4-5 minutes each side until golden brown and cooked through. Place a cheese slice on each patty. Transfer to a warmed plate.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill on high. Toast the bread rolls under the grill until golden brown and lightly toasted.
- Place the base of each bread roll on serving plates. Top with greens, beef patty, tomato relish and mushrooms. Serve immediately. Enjoy!