T-Bone Steak with cauliflower, broccoli and tomato, cucumber salad
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15mins
4x Tasman yearling beef T-Bone steaks (without fillets)
salt & pepper
garlic infused olive oil
Cauliflower and Broccoli:
3 tbsp butter, softened
3 tbsp finely sliced fresh chives
1½ tsp chopped fresh or ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
1 tsp grated lemon zest
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
3 cups fresh cauliflower florets
3 cups fresh broccoli florets
Tomato and Cucumber Salad:
2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
5 mini cucumbers , sliced into 1/4'' coins, or 1 1/2 English cucumbers
3 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
2 Tablespoons red onions , diced
2 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves , chopped
Remove steaks from the fridge for 15-20 minutes to remove the “chill”
- Rub steaks in garlic infused olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Heat non-stick pan on med-high heat, once heated place steaks in pan and cooked for approx 2mins each side ( depending on perference of done-ness of meat)
- Remove the meat and cover with foil to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Serve up with sides of cauliflower and broccoli and a fresh tomato and cucumber salad ( see recipes below).
Cauliflower and broccoli with fresh herb butter method:
- In a saucepan, heat 1.9 litres of water to boiling over high heat. Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together butter, chives, thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper until blended; set aside.
- Add cauliflower to boiling water in saucepan; cook 2 minutes. Add broccoli; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; return to saucepan.
- Add butter mixture to vegetables in saucepan; toss to coat.
Tomato and cucumber salad method:
- Add cherry tomatoes and cucumbers to a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and vinegar on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss everything to coat. Garnish with diced red onion and fresh basil, if desired.
Credit: Lisa @iatemyglutenfreeplate