Teriyaki chicken thigh fillets
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 20mins | Cooking Time: 1 hr 30 mins
- 12 Hazeldenes chicken thigh fillets, skin off
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 100g caster sugar
- 100ml soy sauce
- 4 tbsp distilled cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornflour, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 23x33cm baking dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.
- Serve with rice a fresh salad and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!