Tex mex meatballs
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 15mins | Cooking time: 25-30min
- 700g Farm88 premium beef mince
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend or tasty, grated
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chipotle sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine mince, 1 cup of cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic, jalapeno, egg and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine and form the meatballs.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs in a single layer and sear for a couple of minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
- Add onion to pan and cook, stirring until soft, roughly 5 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes and chipotle and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and return meatballs to pan. Cover and simmer until meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese, then cover to let the cheese melt.
- Garnish with parsley before serving & enjoy!