Thai Beef Rump Curry
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Place beef in a large snap-lock bag, add half the oil and toss to coat. Heat a large wok or non-stick frying pan over high heat. Stir-fry beef, in batches, for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Set aside on a plate.
- Add remaining oil to wok or pan over medium-high heat. Add curry paste and onion and stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add capsicum, sugar snaps, bok choy stems and a tablespoon of water and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add bok choy leaves and cook for 1 minute. Return beef and fish sauce (if using) to wok, toss to heat through and season to taste.
- Serve beef stir-fry with rice, coriander and lime wedges.
- When stir-frying the meat wait at least 30 seconds before tossing or stir-frying. This gives the meat a chance to brown, giving it good colour and flavour.
- The second side will take a little less time to cook.
- Once you return the meat to the wok, take care that it does not boil in the liquid or it will toughen. Stir-fry only to combine and warm through.
- Beef mince would also work well in this recipe.
- Use a pre-chopped stir-fry vegetable mix if you are short of time.
- Add 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut milk, if desired, instead of water for a creamy stir-fry.