Sticky thai glazed lamb loin chops
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 8x Farm88 lamb loin chops, trimmed
- 2 tbsp palm sugar, finely chopped (or brown sugar)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp tamarind puree
- 2 corn cobs, husks removed
- ¼ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced on the diagonal
- ½ cup mint leaves
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- Place lamb loin chops on a plate or tray in a single layer. Combine palm sugar, fish sauce and tamarind in a jug and use a pastry brush to coat the lamb chops on both sides with the glaze.
- Preheat a BBQ or chargrill pan and cook corn for around 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until grill marks appear. Allow to cool slightly and cut kernels off the cob. Place in a large bowl with cabbage, cucumber, mint and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Cook lamb chops on BBQ or chargrill pan for 5-6 minutes per side, then turn and cook edges until crispy. Rest for 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle with a few flakes of salt to serve.
- Serve lamb with slaw and lime wedges.
- Try with lamb leg chops or forequarter chops.
- Slice cabbage on a mandolin or use a very sharp knife.
- Lamb can be marinated the day before and stored in the fridge.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Beef & Lamb (MLA)