Thai style lamb shank red curry
Serves 6 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 90 mins
- 6x Farm88 lamb shanks
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised and chopped
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large red or green capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk or cream
- Steamed rice
- Toasted cashew nuts
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Coat lamb with oil instead of adding oil to the dish.
- Heat a large casserole pan (with lid) over a moderately high heat. Brown lamb shanks all over.
- Reduce heat in pan to low and add onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass, and cook until onion is transparent. Add the curry paste and lime leaves, stirring for a few minutes until fragrant. Add the stock, capsicum and coconut cream to pan and return the lamb shanks.
- Cover, place in the oven and simmer for approximately 2 hours or until the lamb is very tender. Stir occasionally and adjust the heat as required to maintain simmer. Add a little water or stock if needed to keep the ingredients just covered. Serve with steamed rice, herbs and nuts.