Thai Beef Salad
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 large Tasman Yearling Beef Rump Steak (about 500g)
1 stalk lemongrass, pale section only, finely chopped
3 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
3 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into ribbons
250g punnet red grape tomatoes
1 long red chilli, seeded, sliced into widths
1/2 cup round mint leaves
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1/2 cup thai basil leaves
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons brown or palm sugar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 cup soya beans
1/2 small red onion, sliced thinly
your choice of noodles
- Combine the lemon grass and 1 lime leaf in a medium glass bowl. Add the beef and turn to coat in the lemon grass mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
- Preheat a chargrill pan on high. Add the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Prepare noodles according to instructions on packet.
- Combine the cucumber, tomato, chilli, mint, coriander, basil, soya beans, red onion and noodles on a serving platter.
- Combine the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and sesame oil in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined.
- Thinly slice the beef and arrange over the salad. Drizzle with any pan juices. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with remaining kaffir lime leaves. Serve immediately and enjoy!