Tips for the perfect steak
Always wanted to cook a great steak? No matter the cut, follow these simple tips to a succulent steak every time:
- Pick your steak, scotch, porterhouse or eye fillet are all great options.
- Bring steak to room temperature before cooking to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Heat pan to moderately hot and season steak before cooking.
- Cook on one side until moisture appears.
- Turn steak and continue cooking to your preference: rare = soft, medium = springy, well done = firm.
- Remove and rest steak in a warm place or covered in foil for 10 mins.