Tomahawk Steak And Gremolata Potatoes
Serves: 5 | Preparation Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time: 1hrs 40mins | Resting Time: 10mins
3 steaks Tasman Tomahawk Steaks
1 Tbsp garlic infused olive oil
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Rind, finley grated
1/4 C Lemon Juice
35g Breadcrums, stale, glutenfree variety
2 gloves of Garlic, crushed
1/4 C fresh parsley, flat leaf, finely chopped
- Remove steaks from the fridge for 15-20 minutes to remove the “chill”
- Rub steaks in garlic infused extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 135 degrees and placed cooling racks onto baking trays.
- Place the tomahawk steaks onto the racks and inserted a meat thermometer into one of the steaks.
- Place the trays in the oven and waiting for the internal temperature of the meat to reach the desired level of “doneness”.
- Remove the meat and cover with foil to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the meat up and served it with gremolata potatoes with gluten free substitutes and a simple side salad
Gremolata Potatoes Method:
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until partially cooked (potatoes should be only just tender when pierced with a skewer). Drain and set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Cut potatoes into thick wedges and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Combine garlic, lemon rind, breadcrumbs and parsley in a small bowl.
- Scatter parsley mixture over potatoes, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat potatoes. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until golden and tender. Serve scattered with extra parsley.
Credit: Lisa @iatemyglutenfreeplate