Traditional lamb cutlets with basil sauce
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 20mins (plus resting time)
12x Tasman traditional lamb cutlets
2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
Black pepper, freshly ground
400g fresh mushrooms, torn
2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley
⅓ cup pine nuts
¾ cup fresh basil
3-5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Using a pestle and mortar, grind the thyme and mix in a little of the olive oil. Rub over both sides of the cutlets and put to one side.
- Cook the mushrooms dry on the bars of a hot barbecue or griddle pan long enough to mark them both sides. Put into a large bowl.
- Cook the cutlets for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden for medium.
- When cooked, put the lamb cutlets into the bowl with the mushrooms and drizzle over a little olive oil. Tear the parsley into large pieces and add with a decent squeeze of lemon juice. Season lightly and toss. Put aside to rest.
- To make the sauce, pound the pine nuts and basil separately with the pestle and mortar. Blend together with some olive oil. Add enough balsamic vinegar to give it a good tang.
- Toss the lamb and mushrooms once more.
- Serve with the sauce and a simple rocket salad on the side. Enjoy!