Veal rack with minted peas & roast pumpkin
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 45 minutes
2 x 700g Tasman veal rack roasts (4 cutlets each)
1kg butternut pumpkin
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
250g frozen peas
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Place 2 x 700g (4 cutlets each) veal rack roasts in a pan and lock racks together. Add 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm chunks.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 35-45 minutes on medium.
- Meanwhile, cook 250g frozen peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Add ¼ cup fresh mint leaves to the peas and toss until well combined.
- Cut the veal into cutlets and serve with the roast pumpkin and peas.