Vegie pattie with boosted bean salad
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10mins | Cooking Time: 15mins
4x Freshwater Foods fresh vegie burgers, each burger cut into 2 wedges (available at Tasman Butchers)
1 four bean mix can, strained and rinsed
1 packet vegie burgers
2 limes or 1 lemon
½ tin of corn, strained and rinsed
2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
1 tomato, diced
½ red onion, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
A small handful of coriander, roughly chopped Optional salt, pepper and chilli flakes
- Add beans, corn, cucumbers, tomato, red onion and chopped coriander to a bowl.
- Squeeze juice of limes and add olive oil. And any optional salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Mix the whole salad together and serve into bowls.
- Warm vegie burger either in a non-stick fry pan on a low to medium heat for 3 minutes each side, or in a sandwich press until they get a nice golden and darker colour on the outside.
- Cut in half and layer on top of the bean salad.
- Add a ¼ of avocado to each bowl, and enjoy!
Recipe kindly provided by Freshwater Foods