T-Bone Steak with Asparagus & Hollandaise Sauce
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 20mins | Cooking Time: 10 mins (cooking vegetables 40mins)
4 x Tasman Yearling T-Bone Steaks (without fillets)
1 bunch of fresh asparagus
Sprig of Parsley & fresh Rosemary for garnish
2 egg yolks
1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons lemon juice
a dash of Tabasco
Prepare root vegetables, start oven baking approximately 40 minutes before serving.
- Place asparagus into a steamer pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Heat a chargrill or barbecue on medium high heat. Brush steaks with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook steaks for 4 to 5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Stand, covered with foil, for 3 minutes.
- Place steaks on plates with baked root vegetables, next divide asparagus between the plate and dress with hollandaise sauce.
Hollandaise Sauce Preparation:
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 1 minute
- In the container of a blender, combine the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice and Tabasco. Cover, and blend for about 5 seconds.
- Place the butter in a glass measuring cup. Heat butter in the microwave for about 1 minute or until completely melted and hot.
- Set the blender on high speed, and pour the butter into the egg yolk mixture in a thin stream. It should thicken almost immediately. Keep the sauce warm until serving by placing the blender container in a bowl or pot of hot tap water.
- Garnish with parsley and rosemary.