T-Bone steak with fried mushrooms & parmesan mash
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 20mins | Cooking Time: 35mins
4 (350g each) Farm88 Yearling Beef T-Bone Steaks with fillet
1-2 tablespoons grated parmesan
100ml olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
400g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
1kg Desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, partially covered, over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return potatoes to saucepan and cook over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until dry.
- Remove from heat.
- Add grated parmesan, 2 tablespoons oil and salt and pepper. Mash. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat butter and 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. When sizzling, add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from pan and stir into mash.
- Add mushrooms to frying pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden and all moisture has evaporated. Stir in chives.
- Heat a chargrill or barbecue on medium-high heat. Brush steaks with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook steaks for 4 to 5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Stand, covered with foil, for 3 minutes.
- Place steaks on plates and spoon on mushrooms. Serve with mash.