Wrappers & Packers
Experience within the meat industry is preferred.
To apply, please contact the store manager at your preferred store or forward your resume with a covering letter to employment [at] tasmanbutchers.com.au.
See store locations here.
Tasman Butchers is Victoria’s largest independent butcher. With 9 stores across Melbourne, we are passionate about the progression of the meat industry, in particular the butchery trade. Tasman Butchers supports and encourages the growth and development of the butchery trade by developing the best apprentices in a ‘traditional’ butcher shop environment. As all of our meat is prepared from full-bodies, this enables our apprentices to gain full exposure of the end to end process of butchery.
What does an apprenticeship with Tasman Butchers look like?
As an apprentice at Tasman Butchers, we will support you through completing an apprenticeship in Retail Butchering to help you gain the nationally recognised trade’s qualification - Certificate 3 – Retail Meat Processing . We will fund your training as well as provide you with the support and knowledge you need to succeed. You will work alongside our store managers and butchers who are some of the best in the business.
The apprenticeship itself can take up to 4 years to complete, however with dedication and commitment, it can be completed in as little as 2 years.
Why do an apprenticeship with Tasman Butchers?
- We fund your training!! – conditions apply
- We prepare our meat in-store from full carcasses, providing our apprentices with full exposure of the end to end process
- We pay above award rates
- We offer stable full-time employment whilst undertaking your apprenticeship
- You can learn from and work closely with some of the best butchers in the trade
- Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will receive a nationally recognised trade’s qualification ‘Certificate 3 – Retail Meat Processing’
- Career path opportunities exist within the business into roles such as lead butcher, store manager and head office positions, including area management and meat purchasing to name a few
What are we looking for from you?
- Commitment and reliability – as with attaining any qualification, you need to be committed to learning and apply yourself
- A passion for food and customer service
We are your local butchers with more!