RECRUITING NOW! Multiple locations
See store locations here.
EXPERIENCED BUTCHERS REQUIRED
We are looking for experienced, high quality butchers to join our professional team across our network of stores!
The right person will be/have:
- Experience as a qualified butcher
- A willingness to coach and develop aspiring butchers
- An absolute commitment to customer service
- Passionate about meat and sharing that passion with customers
- Processing traditional cuts & trimming quality meat
- Preparation of carcass stock & value-add products
- High quality customer service
- High standard of personal presentation and hygiene
In return we offer
- Flexible working rosters
- Excellent rates of pay, subject to experience
- 10% employee discount
- Career development and progression for high performers
- Multiple sites with re-location opportunities
If you are interested in the above opportunity and meet the criteria, please apply by forwarding your resume with a covering letter to employment [at] tasmanbutchers.com.au.
Tasman Butchers is Victoria’s largest independent butcher. With 9 stores across Melbourne, we are passionate about the progression of the meat industry, in particular the butchery trade. Tasman Butchers supports and encourages the growth and development of the butchery trade by developing the best apprentices in a ‘traditional’ butcher shop environment. As all of our meat is prepared from full-bodies, this enables our apprentices to gain full exposure of the end to end process of butchery.
What does an apprenticeship with Tasman Butchers look like?
As an apprentice at Tasman Butchers, we will support you through completing an apprenticeship in Retail Butchering to help you gain the nationally recognised trade’s qualification - Certificate 3 – Retail Meat Processing . We will fund your training as well as provide you with the support and knowledge you need to succeed. You will work alongside our store managers and butchers who are some of the best in the business.
The apprenticeship itself can take up to 4 years to complete, however with dedication and commitment, it can be completed in as little as 2 years.
Why do an apprenticeship with Tasman Butchers?
- We fund your training!! – conditions apply
- We prepare our meat in-store from full carcasses, providing our apprentices with full exposure of the end to end process
- We pay above award rates
- We offer stable full-time employment whilst undertaking your apprenticeship
- You can learn from and work closely with some of the best butchers in the trade
- Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will receive a nationally recognised trade’s qualification ‘Certificate 3 – Retail Meat Processing’
- Career path opportunities exist within the business into roles such as lead butcher, store manager and head office positions, including area management and meat purchasing to name a few
What are we looking for from you?
- Commitment and reliability – as with attaining any qualification, you need to be committed to learning and apply yourself
- A passion for food and customer service
To apply, please forward your resume with a covering letter to employment [at] tasmanbutchers.com.au.
We are your local butchers with more!