Bacon wrapped chicken breast
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Olive oil spray
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 small Hazeldene's chicken breast fillets
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 8 strips Bertocchi budget bacon
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Line a roasting pan with foil and fit it with a roasting rack. Spray the roasting rack with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mustard and honey. Divide into two portions. Set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Wrap each chicken breast with 2 strips of bacon.
- Place the wrapped chicken breasts on the prepared roasting rack. Brush them with half the mustard-honey sauce. Wash the basting brush with warm soapy water and keep the other half of the sauce for brushing the chicken breasts when they finish cooking.
- Bake the chicken breasts for 15-20 minutes, until they reach an internal temperature of 71-74oC and the bacon is browned and crispy.
- Allow the chicken breasts to rest, loosely covered with foil, about 10 minutes, then brush the tops with the remaining sauce and serve.