Fancy bacon wrapped sausage in a bun
Serves: 6 | Preparation time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 6x Tasman beef sausages
- 6 pieces of thinly sliced bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ white onion, peeled and sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 6 soft white hot dog buns
- Tightly wrap each sausage with one slice of bacon. Set aside.
- Turn your grill to medium. Place the peppers on the grill and cook until charred on each side, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion, bell peppers and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until softened.
- Place the bacon-wrapped sausages over medium high heat until charred and heated through, 6 to 8 minutes, being sure to cook the bacon on all four sides. Heat hot dog buns on the grill too.
- Insert the sausages into the hot dog buns and top each one with liberal amount of onions and pepper mixture.