Beef curry with cauliflower rice
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15mins | Cooking Time: 160 mins
- 800g Farm88 chuck steak, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup red curry paste
- 1 x 400ml can light coconut cream
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- cauliflower rice, lemon wedges, sliced chilli, to serve
- 1 small cauliflower, stems and florets, grated
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 lemon, rind grated, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- Heat oil in a large wok or saucepan over medium high heat. Add curry paste and stir for 2-3 minutes or until warmed and fragrant. Add beef and cook, stirring for 5-8 minutes or until browned and coated in curry paste.
- Add coconut milk and water, stir until combined. Reduce heat and gently simmer for 2 -2½ hours, stirring occasionally or until meat is tender and sauce is thick.
- Meanwhile, place cauliflower in a large frying pan over medium heat, cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes, add peas. Cook stirring until just tender. Season to taste. Stir through lemon rind, juice and chopped
- Garnish with coconut, coriander leaves and chilli and serve with cauliflower rice and lemon wedges.