Bernadette's lavender & rosemary lamb leg
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 1hr 30mins
- 2.5kg Farm88 whole leg of lamb
- 4 tbsp seeded mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh lavender
- 3 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large red onion, thickly sliced (for the roasting dish)
- 1 cup of water (for the roasting dish)
- Take the lamb leg out of the fridge at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheatoven to 170°C, fan forced.
- Poke small holes into the lamb.
- Drizzle the lamb with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Rub mustard on all sides of the lamb.
- Roughly chop up the garlic, rosemary and lavender, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Pat down the herbs all over the lamb.
- Cut onion into thick slices and place into a roasting dish, lined with baking paper.
- Pour water into the bottom of the roasting dish.
- Place lamb on top of the onions and out in the oven. Cook for 1.5 hours or until your liking.
- Remove from the oven and wrap in foil, letting it rest for at least 30min. Enjoy!
- If you have a thermometer, the internal temperature should be anywhere between 60-65°, depending on how you like it.
- Placing water in the bottom of the roasting dish helps retain moisture.