Chicken breast with pesto and cauliflower fettuccine
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 500g Hazeldenes fresh chicken breast fillets, cut into large chunks
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- chilli flakes
- 200g fettuccine
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- Alfalfa to serve
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- Prepare pesto by adding basil leaves and pine nuts to a food processor and pulse until chopped finely. Add the garlic and parmesan and pulse until combined. Scrape off the sides of the processor and then, while running, slowly add olive oil until all combined.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan, coat chicken with oregano and chilli flakes (amount to your liking) and cook in pan with cauliflower until all browned. Add prepared pesto, cream, salt and pepper and reduce to medium heat. Cook for 5 mins until sauce as thickened slightly.
- Drain pasta and add to pan tossing over low heat until well combined. Transfer to serving bowl, placing chicken on top of pasta and serve with alfalfa. Enjoy!