Classic Pork Leg Roast (boned & rolled)
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2kg Tasman pork leg roast (boned & rolled)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt flakes
- If you have time, prepare the pork the night before; take pork out of the packaging, pat it dry and leave it in the fridge to dry out even more.
- Remove pork from the fridge 30 min before cooking, to allow it to get to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 220oC.
- Score the rind with a sharp knife, and rub with oil and salt. Put some sage and garlic in the sides of the pork, then place it in a shallow baking dish, and roast for 30 minutes to get some good crackling!
- Turn down the oven to 170oC and roast (we cooked ours for a further hour).
- When ready, remove from oven and rest the pork, covered loosely with foil for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with apple sauce and potatoes of your choice. Enjoy!