Serves: 6-8 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 1-2 hrs
- 500g Farm88 regular beef mince
- 500g pork mince
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- ½ cup milk
- 5 thin rashers of bacon
- 25g cold butter, grated
- 1 onion, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp finely shredded parsley
- 2 tbsp finely shredded dill
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- Preheat your oven to 180C if it's fan-forced, or 200C if it's conventional. In a large bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with milk and let it sit for a moment, allowing the bread to soak up the milk.
- Take two rashers of bacon, chop them roughly and add them to the bowl.
- Add the pork and beef mince, carrot, butter, onion, garlic, parsley, dill, nutmeg and eggs into the mix.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of salt and black pepper for seasoning.
- Blend everything together lightly - there's no kneading necessary! Just make sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Line the base of a roasting tin with baking paper and mould the mixture into a loaf shape atop the paper.
- Arrange the leftover bacon rashers over the loaf
- Proceed to bake the meatloaf for an hour and a half, then briefly put it under a hot grill to give the bacon a nice, brown finish.
- After removing it from the oven, let the meatloaf rest for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite gravy and enjoy!