Easy pork sausage pasta
Serves: 6 + leftovers | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 4 hrs
- 6 x Tasman pork sausages
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 4 x cans BIS canned tomatoes (available at Tasman)
- fresh basil (if you have it)
- 500g Donna Chiara penne pasta (available at Tasman)
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil on low heat.
2. Add onion and garlic and sauté gently until translucent, then add in bay leaf.
3. Add in finely chopped carrot and cook until soft.
4. Remove the pork from the skins and to the pan, stirring constantly to break down the sausage.
5. Once the sausages have browned, add in the white wine, and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add in the tomatoes and fresh basil or other Italian herbs of your choice and mix until combined.
7. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Put the lid on, but not completely covering the saucepan, allowing the steam to escape. Cook for 2 hours.
8. Enjoy with freshly grated parmesan. Enjoy!