Mexican beef bowl
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 600g Farm88 yearling beef porterhouse strips
- 30g packet taco seasoning
- 2 x 250g microwave brown rice and quinoa
- 400g can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 200g pre-packed coleslaw
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- coriander sprigs
- light sour cream
- lime wedges
- Place beef in a large snap lock bag and add taco seasoning. Seal bag and rub to coat.
- Preheat a large, lightly oiled char-grill pan or barbecue, over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 1-2 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Set aside on a plate, loosely covered with foil.
- Prepare brown rice and quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Divide rice and quinoa, beans and coleslaw between bowls.
- Top with beef, avocado and tomatoes.
- Serve with your choice of coriander sprigs, sour cream and lime wedges. Enjoy!