Mexican Beef Bowl
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 10 mins
600g lean beef strips
30g packet taco seasoning
2 x 250g microwave brown rice and quinoa
400g can black beans, drained, rinsed
200g pre-packed coleslaw
1 large avocado, diced
2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
light sour cream
- Place beef in a large snap lock bag and add taco seasoning. Seal bag and rub to coat.
- Preheat a large, lightly oiled char-grill pan or barbecue, over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 1-2 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Set aside on a plate, loosely covered with foil.
- Prepare brown rice and quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Divide rice and quinoa, beans and coleslaw between bowls.
- Top with beef, avocado and tomatoes.
- Serve with your choice of coriander sprigs, sour cream and lime wedges. Enjoy!