Orange, honey & cajun spiced asado ribs
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 135 mins
- 1.4kg Farm88 yearling beef asado ribs
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ⅓ cup Cajun seasoning
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 x 250g packets microwave red quinoa
- 250g pre-diced butternut pumpkin
- 175g green beans, halved
- 80g baby rocket
- ⅓ cup mint leaves
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 60g fresh ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160º fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place ribs in a large saucepan, cover with water bring to a simmer over low heat. Simmer gently, partially covered for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, Cajun seasoning, orange zest, half the orange juice and half the honey. Season.
- Remove ribs from water and drain. Cool slightly. Place ribs in a large snap lock bag, add marinade and rub to coat. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook ribs for 2-3 minutes each side or until lightly charred. Place ribs on prepared baking tray, cover tightly with foil and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes-1 hour 20 minutes, or until tender, brushing occasionally with remaining honey. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Microwave pumpkin on HIGH (100%) for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl place quinoa, pumpkin, beans, rocket and mint. Drizzle over remaining oil, remaining orange juice and vinegar, season and toss to coat. Top with ricotta.
- Drizzle ribs with any pan juices and serve with quinoa salad.