Peppercorn beef scotch fillet
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 15mins
- 4 x 220g Farm88 yearling beef scotch fillet steaks, fat-trimmed
- 500g mini microwavable potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cracked peppercorns
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp horseradish cream
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves +extra leaves, to serve
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
- Brush steaks with oil and sprinkle with peppercorns. Season with sea salt. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave potatoes in packet for 4-5 minutes on HIGH (100%) or until tender. Set aside for 1-2 minutes then halve potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add sour cream, horseradish and herbs to warm potatoes. Season and toss to coat.
- Serve steaks with potatoes, broccolini and extra mint.
- Porterhouse, rump or eye fillet steaks would also work well in this recipe.
- Always rest your meat before serving – this will ensure the juices are locked in and the meat is tender.
- You could also cook the steaks on a barbecue or char-grill pan.