Beef rib-eye with quinoa and bean salad
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 4x Farm88 beef rib-eye steaks
- 1 tbsp oil ( plus extra to serve)
- 2 tbsp adobo in chipotle sauce
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- 1 tsp cocoa
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp lime juice, plus extra to serve
⅔ cup quinoa
1x 400g can kidney beans
250g grape tomatoes, halved
50g rocket leaves
parsley leaves, to serve
- Place beef rib eye cutlets on a plate and brush with oil. Season with pepper. BBQ beef rib eye cutlet for 3-4 minutes each side until medium rare, or until cooked to your liking.
- Place quinoa in a fine sieve and rinse under cold water, then tip into a medium saucepan, add 1 1/3 cups water and bring to the boil, simmer and cover until grains have opened up, 15 minutes. Rest for 10 minutes, fluff grains with a fork.
- Place adobo in chipotle sauce, banana, cocoa, garam masala and lime juice in a small food processor or blender and process until smooth. Season to taste.
- Combine the quinoa with the beans, tomatoes and rocket. Drizzle with a little lime juice and olive oil. Serve beef with the quinoa salad and extra mole sauce spooned over.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Beef