Round steak beef stroganoff
Serves: 6 | Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 1hr
- 1kg Farm88 beef round steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (300g) condensed beef broth, undiluted (or beef stock)
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- 1-3 tbsp chilli sauce (to taste)
- 500g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups sour cream
- arrow-root to thicken sauce (if required)
- cooked fettucine, to serve
- chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add beef; shake until well coated.
- In a large pan, melt butter. Brown beef in batches. Remove and keep warm. Add onion and garlic to the pan; cook until tender. Return beef to the pan.
- Add the broth, mustard, chilli sauce and mushrooms; cover and cook until the meat is tender, about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Heat through, but do not boil. Serve over fettucini. Garnish with parsley.