Salad with Vegie burger wedges
Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15mins
2x Freshwater Foods vegie burgers,each burger cut into 8 wedges (available at Tasman Butchers)
1 baby cos lettuce, leaves washed
1 bunch broccolini
1 red onion, sliced
1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
1 red capsicum, sliced
2 tablespoons mild American mustard
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
Vegie Burger Wedges:
- Warm fry pan over medium heat
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and chopped wedges
- Turn every 2 minutes until they are golden and warm.
For the Salad:
- Slice broccolini into pieces about 3cm long, add broccolini, sliced red onion and 1 tablespoon of olive old into a fry pan over a medium heat.
- Let it cook for about 6-8 minutes but stir occasionally so everything gets a bit of loving and colour in the pan.
- To a bowl, add baby cos lettuce, sliced cucumber and capsicum. Then top with the warm broccolini and onions.
- For the dressing add equal parts (2 tablespoons) of red wine vinegar, mild American mustard and olive oil. Along with salt and pepper.
- Mix all together
- By now the warm broccolini and onions would have wilted the lettuce leaves only ever so slightly, and the vinaigrette dressing would have infused everything.
- To a bowl add a good amount of salad and top with the wedges. The wedges should be slightly crispy on the outside but still soft on the inside.