Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Serves: 8-10 | Preparation Time: 6 mins | Cooking time: 6 hrs
- 1.5kg Farm88 yearling beef diced casserole steak
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 ½ cups beef stock
- 300g button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 3 tbsp cold water to make a slurry
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- Small bunch fresh parsley
1. Place the diced beef into a bowl and sprinkle in the flour, salt and pepper. Toss to mix.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat (or use the searing function of your slow cooker, if you have that option).
3. Cook the beef in batches, until browned. Transfer the meat to the slow cooker (if you are using a pan).
4. Turn down the heat of your frying pan to medium and add the the onion, cook for 3-4 minutes, untill the onion starts to soften.
5. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
6. Add in the Worcestershire sauce, Dijion mustard, beef stock and mushrooms.
7. Stir everything together, make sure to scape any bits that have stuck to the pan.
8. Bring to the boil and stir. Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker.
9. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
10. If you would like to thicken the sauce, now is the time to add in the cornflour slurry.
11. Mix together the double cream and sour cream in a small bowl and then carefully stir into the beef mixture.
12. Serve on top of pasta with fresh parsley. Enjoy!