Aussie porterhouse steak sandwich
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10mins | Cooking Time: 5mins | Resting Time: 5mins
- 600g Farm88 yearling beef porterhouse steak (or any steak of your choice)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Turkish bread loaf, cut into 4, split, toasted
- 2 tbsp whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 225g can beetroot slices, drained
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 227g can pineapple rings, drained
- ¼ cup (60ml) smoky BBQ sauce
- Preheat a barbecue or large char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub steaks with oil and season. Cook steaks for 4-5 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
- Spread base of bread with mayonnaise and top with lettuce, beetroot, tomato, pineapple and steak. Top with barbecue sauce. Place bread lid on top and serve.
- Beef rump, scotch, sirloin or minute steaks would also work well.
- Use your choice of relish, barbecue or tomato sauce.
- Add a fried egg or sliced red onion to the sandwich, if desired.
- Use fresh pineapple instead of canned, if desired.